From:
Jaclyn Dianne Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:19:39 -0500
Megan,

I have this book somewhere.  I got it when I was in middle school.  I was
visiting my parents last year and found it again.  I remembered the story
a little bit, and that it was one of the things that made me so attracted
to ferrets (and seeing them in pet stores all the time).  I read it again
when I found it.  Boy, are books different when you get older!  Well, it
is a good story, the ferret is very loving BUT the reason they have it is
because the father in the story is a wildlife rehabilitator.  He mentions
somewhere in the story that it is too bad that people keep wild animals as
pets, because the ferret should never have been kept captive anyway.  But,
the representation of his personality (the ferret, Fred) is pretty
accurate as far as I can remember.  The picture on the front, though,
leaves a little to be desired.  It doesn't look a whole lot like a
ferret.  Overall, it's a cute book.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.
Jacki    Kif and Trevor