From:
The Bernstein Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:18:04 -0500
At almost every Pet Supermarket we have been to, I have seen ferrets with
dry, yellow, callous-looking paw pads, instead of the soft pink pads our
two have.  I was wondering if this could be an allergic reaction to the
wood shavings the animals are kept in or whether it is a sign of sickness
or malnutrition in the young animals?

Another kit we saw had quite a prominent anus, didn't look swollen, or
enlarged, but just sticking out really a lot-- could that be the sign of a
prolapsed anus in such a young animal?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have...
Happy dooks to all,
Tina