From:
Lisa Hoxmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:47:05 -0500
I am sure many have already heard this before but I just heard this
commercial on the radio for the first time.  The Budweiser frog and lizard
were back again with the ferret!  It was so funny.  The lizard and frog
were talking about how they could offend the ferret by saying something
like "Hey ferret, your mother is a weasel!" and the lizard thought they
should say something to offend him intellectually.  I can't remember what
the statement was but it was really complex.  So they tried it on the
ferret and the ferret comes back with a confused "huh?" like he didn't get
it.  So the frog goes back to the statement "Hey ferret, your mother is a
weasel!" and the ferret comes back with a very offended "hey!" in his
ferret voice.

I don't know if these are strickly radio ads and havn't been made for
television, but I would like to see the ferret back on tv (even though he
is a very ugly not so ferret looking animal on the commercial).  If not on
tv, I wish I could hear these ads more often on the radio.

There is another radio one I like where the lizard and frog teach the
ferret to sing "Take me out to the ball game".  That one is pretty funny
too.

Ever notice how the ferret is portrayed in these commercials as being very
stupid?  Us ferret owners know better.

Lisa and two very smart ferrets, Monster and Bailey