From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:01:08 -0400
Sylvie Lee:  The rice bag in the freezer is a great idea.  I let mine curl
up with my Magic Bag after it's been in the freezer for a few hours.  The
thing with rice is that it'll hold the cold for a few hours, you just have
to shake it up every 15 minutes or so.  I also will run a cool bath, when
they have the run of the bathroom/bedroom, they can climb into it on their
own.

Amy Robbin:  I used to take my two away for the weekend with me all the
time.  As long as they are healthy they shouldn't have any problem.  Good
idea to bring water from home.  Just stop every now and then to let them
stretch their legs, and cuddle for a minute or 2, and they should be OK.

Stephanie Rusk:  I bring one of my 2 along with me when I go to look at the
apartment.  I always tell the landlord that they are caged animals,
however, they do get uncaged, supervised playtime.  I have never had to pay
an unreasonable deposit, and usually make a ferret lover out of the new
landlord.  I always explain to the landlord that the reason I brought one
of them is so that they would understand a little better when I describe
what they are really like.  ALWAYS tell them that you have ferrets.  It's
better that you don't get the apartment because of them, instead of signing
yourself into a lease, getting caught with them and haveing to give them
away.