From:
Elizabeth Cantu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:48:26 -0700
Lipinsky.  I realize I have started something by expressing my feelings
on how his ferrets are housed.  These are my feelings.  I can't help but
compare the quality of life of the ferrets there, to mine and to the Best
Little....House, I am depressed by the thoughts of how the cousins of my
ferrets have to live.  Ever since my visit to NWF I have had nightmares,
fleeting thoughts of ferrets living neglected, unclean.  What are the
chances these ferrets will be adopted at NWF?  I wanted to leave the minute
I got a wiff of the place.  Not many ferret people I know would have gotten
a ferret there.  Someone said they have no diseases, but mine got the
greenies probably from visiting his house.  He only give necessary
vaccinations..no check ups.To the person who adopted her ferret from him,
how come you did not bring the conditions to the attention of ferret
lovers?  Maybe something could have been done along time ago.  Animals may
have suffered needlessly.  Can't we not demand that these animals live with
dignity?  Do I want him shut down?  Only if he cannot clean up his act.  I
understand he has done good.  How many of us can and would rescue so many
ferrets?  But like the stories I hear on the news about an old lady taking
in 40 cats and trying to feed them all....we have all heard these stories.
The animal control people go in to find aweful living conditions of
malnurishment, feces abound and even dead animals.  Good intentions.  But
when do we call it quits?  Help him, fine..but I am one person.  The
Washington Ferret Association can maybe organize a volunteer effort..but
is that all this place needs?  I can't answer a lot of the questions but I
hope someone can.