From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:01:12 EDT
I'm finally catching up on nearly a week's worth of FML's, and I wanted to
share how I named my little fuzzball and comment on a few other things:

- How does one tiny ferret get a huge name?  One little bit at a time!
When we first got our little fuzzbutt, we were calling her "the weasel"
until we could find a decent name for her.  This was because I used to
think ferrets were stinking weasels and now I just loved her so much, that
a weasel became a good thing instead of an evil thing.  Within a week we
visited an old friend who told us that her screen name was Delilah.  It
seemed perfect, since The Weasel had stolen our "power" to resist her, and
our friend was flattered that we liked her name.  So we named her Delilah
Weasel.  About a week after that, we found out she used to be named Natasha
before we got her.  We were already used to calling her Delilah Weasel, but
we didn't want to take away her name (plus, Natasha sounded Russian and
exotic and Bullwinklish and we liked it), so she became Natasha Delilah
Weasel.  But I kept finding myself always saying, "Weasel Woo, I do love
you." Corny, I know.  I had it stuck in mind from a children's book (Koala
Lou) and I just couldn't get it out!  So now she is Natasha Delilah Weasel
Woo and her name is longer than she is.  What do we call her?  Little
Weasel Woo.  Or Stinker.  Or She, as in "Where is She?" When I get another
ferret, she's getting a SHORT name!

- Eve's story about her cuddly then wild ferrets had me ROFL!  Yes, that
sounds like ferrets!  Thank you for sharing!

- I loved the answers to the sand box question.  I've tried rice and my
fuzzy loves it (which amazes me because she seems to make a point of not
showing interest in most things I bring home for her).  I can't wait to
try sand.  Has anybody tried hiding little treasures in there?

- Bob C.  Your limericks had me LOL.  Took me a second to figure out what
a pink running bunny was.  :-)

- Tryntje Miller, I used to just skim over the sick/dying ferret stories.
Sorry, guys, but they just make me too sad.  But for some reason I couldn't
stop reading yours.  Your difficult experience touched my heart.  I know
when my kid's time comes (and may it be a long, long time from now) I will
need to write about it and talk about it and whatever else it takes to
start the healing process.  I promise to do less skimming from now on.
You and others who are sad and suffering through the loss or illness of a
ferret have my heartfelt wishes for peaceful healing.  {{{}}} <--- hugs

Jodie &
Natasha Delilah Weasel Woo