From:
Rob and Kate Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:59:24 -0400
I don't usually get emailed a URL and end up finding out that the page
contains custom art stolen from the Toronto Internet Ferret Group website.

It seems somebody's put together a Ferret Dance website
(http://www.prolefeed.com/ferretdance/),
along the lines of the Hamster et. al. Dance sites.  This person chose to
steal a picture of my husband Rob's and my ferret Buster from the TIFG
website to use in his page.  He did not ask for permission.  I have
verified this with the TIFG webmaster (who is also Rob, BTW).

I am waiting until tomorrow morning to email the individual in question
requesting that he find a different picture for the page, that it not be
from the TIFG page, and that he *ask* whoever he wants to use a picture
from before he actually adds the pic to the page.  Hopefully he will be
polite and oblige, although I doubt it.  As you can tell from the tone of
this mail, I'm waiting until tomorrow to send the mail so I can be civil.
I'm mad as blazes.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know this page contains stolen art.
Perpetrator, if you are an FML member, you now know I would like the
picture removed from your web page.  Everyone Else, please be kind enough
to ask permission before you "borrow" a pic for your web page.

Kate Adlers
Co-Moderator
Toronto Internet Ferret Group