From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:49:21 -0700
I had forgotten about Velcro until someone mentioned it.  My kids go nuts
with this poor helpless pair of Teva sandals that I have.  Both the toe
straps and the ankle straps have velcro, and all my kids like to tug at it
and chew it.  (good thing I got the sandals on sale real cheap) I've gotten
hissed at trying to rescue the sandals.

My kids also love shoelaces or sweatshirt strings that are tied in knots.
My fat boy Kyle has actually chewed completely through a couple of knots.
Booger.

Actually Kyle has a fetish for the strings holding up ferret hammocks.
He's chewed through them, causing a hammock-ful of ferrets to plunge to the
cage floor (along with himself, dum-dum).  I have to soak the strings in
Bitter Apple after each hammock washing, or he's right back at it.

Aileen & the string-a-ling herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
===
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."