Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:45:58 -0400
HI folks,
a quick update-- things seem busier than ever here!

Well Hob has done wonderfully since his neuter last Tuesday.  As of this
post he has really been a Godsend to 3 of our older hospice gals ( who
never would tolerate another ferret in their presence!  Both Lulu & missy
the night crew-- spend their entire evening running the shelter with Hob.
I spied them running through tubes just last night!-- ALL # of them.  In
the day time- Skittles who arrived a starvation case- and has a secondary
infection resulting-- looks for her friend Hob.  What a popular guy-- my he
is taking right over for Ewok- Mr . Personality!

On Friday- Bootsie had a barium series, followed by blockage surgery-- we
were told she like to chew-- but we are amazed at the amount of latex she
was able to swallow!  She started eating dry kibble at noon on Saturday--
is doing GREAT, and joined her cage mate Rosie Monday evening-- those two
are absolutely entertaining!

The new arrivals have all been posted on the updated web listings at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/adoption.html

Thanks again to web hero Karen C.!

I would like to thank several recent contacts:
Lillian ,for her sweet condolences on the passing of "Troubles" he is
missed greatly.

Erika Avery a shelter friend, for her generous donation to the memorial
fund in memory of her first ferret Iza. She stopped in to pick up the urn
for Iza and then Erika warmed the shelter folks when she said " you helped
me with my kids, now Iza wants me to help you -- help some shelter kids."
Thanks again Erika, Iza is in the greatest of company!

We have sent our shelter newsletter out for an independent critique as we
try to present an informative and entertaining piece of media.  We await
the marked copy and hope to have changes forthcoming soon!  (Thanks Scott!)
Busily the shelter ladies are hurrying to get new spring lines of bedding (
tents, sleep sacks & hammocks ready for the May 8 event Ferret Fun Day- in
No. Conway, NH-- hope to see you there!  We are informed that the
legendary shelter friend Linda Soule will be travelling out to attend this
event-- and following the event we will be graced with her presence for a
few days at Ferret Wise-- the kids are really excited about this!

Also shelter Dad will be journeying to Harrisburg for the SVFC May 22 event
( more information on web page calendar listings)
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/calendar.html

with "The Shelterer" Ariel (the shelter's designer teddy bear and her
ferret) & Duncan-- she has a beautiful new Lexan display home to travel in
made by shelter director Roger!

I guess that's it-- thanks to Skip at Martins Cages for expediting our new
units for the recent intakes!  Also to Joe & Scott for getting the litter
pans here pronto from The Ferret Store.  You sure make sheltering a bit
easier---

now off to scoop........

Alicia
for the many faces at Ferret Wise