From:
Elizabeth Cantu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:57:06 +0000
I have been looking for a ferret to adopt so that my other ferret has a
friend.  My vet gave me Northwest Ferret's number..some of you know the
founder as Ed Lipinsky.  This Saturday I went by his place on Mercer to
look at some of his ferrets and I was taken aback of his treatment of them.
You enter through his basement..and in his basement he has a bird in a
ferret cage, many ferrets in cages and a mink.  The smell was horrific.  I
almost threw-up.  All the cages had poop pilled high like they haven't been
cleaned in two weeks if not longer.  The conditions were unbelieveable.
I want to cry, to run like hell out of there.  The ferrets he showed me
stunk, and were obviously not well kept.Supposedly he has 42 ferrets..but
he won't show you where they are.  I am scared for them..no animal should
have to live in those conditions.  I understand that Mr. Lipinsky has done
a lot of good for the ferret community, and that he is well respected?  I
then went over to the Best Little Rabbit, Ferret, Rodent house and was
relieved to see that all the ferrets were clean, and had their shots.  They
even have the microchips implanted.  I adopted a ferret there, even got a
little health record book.  What can be done about this Ferret Northwest?
I am looking for some advice.  Please do not give up your ferret to this