From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:46:21 -0500
Howdy!

I called the vet around 1:30 today and found out that Geisha came through
her dental surgery with flying colours!!!  They removed the one canine and
while they were cleaning her teeth, one of her left molars practically fell
out - OOPS!!!!  So they removed the rest of it and finished the cleaning.
It all went really smoothly and while they still had her under anesthetic,
they removed the small growth on her side.

When I called, she was just starting to come around.  Thankfully everything
went really well - I didn't sleep all that well last night.  Jasper went to
pick her up around dinner time - I'm at work until 10:30 - I wanna go home
now to check on her!!!  I think we'll keep her separate from the boys for a
couple days to make sure no one accidentally steps on her stitches that are
on her side.  We'll have to keep the food soft for the first bit just to
make things easier - but the hard food will be still out for the boys when
they're out for play and I'll watch her eating habits carefully.  Jasper
fed her some of Gushi's duck soup when he got her home and I just received
the report that she's sleeping soundly.  The vet said she'd recover pretty
quickly and not to worry.  What - me worry??!  Just because I had come to
work early for a birthday lunch for a co-worker and kept getting up and
pacing a path in the rug, waiting for it to be time to call the vet,
doesn't mean I worry!!!  Yeah, RIGHT!!!!

Take care and hugs to all!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret