From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:37:15 -0500
For those of us who have lost our babies, are caring for abandoned ferrets,
or nursing those that are ill: SPEAK TO US OF JOY AND SORROW

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.  And the selfsame well from which your
laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.  And how else can it
be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can
contain.  Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned
in the potters oven?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is
only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart and you shall see that in
truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Your joy and sorrow are inseperable.  Together they come, and when one sits
alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your
bed.  Verily you are suspended like scales between your joy and sorrow.
Only when you are empty are you at stand-still and balanced................

 From: The Prophet

These little living beings give us so much joy.  They cause us so much
sorrow.  They deepen the cup of life for each of us.Even in our sorrow-what
greater gift could we hold?Memories of my furry blessings will sweetly
haunt me all my life.

God Bless you and yours all this Easter and every day there after

Lisette