From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:07:34 -0800
People may have cigarette smoking ferrets, but one of my ex ferrets was
an alcoholic!  She tried to drag a full bottle of champagne under the TV
stand!  Not bad for a small ferret.

It was actually more of a cork fetish than an alcohol fetish.  We had to be
careful not to leave corks lying around during my husband's home winemaking
phase, or Ratty would stash them all.  The ferrets definitely weren't
interested in alcohol - when we had a home-made wine cork blow-out in the
living room the ferrets ferret thought that the stuff spilling all over
the floor smelt yukky!

Regarding Ed not wanting to adopt to small girls in particular: I believe
that Ed has stated in previous FMLs that little girls' high pitched voices
antagonise ferrets and may cause them to attack.  So it has nothing to do
with nurturing ability,and everyone will have to find something else to
flame Ed about today :) Of course, Ed may want to correct me on this.

Kylie
Ferretless in Queensland

PS Tiffany - keep a close eye on Ratty if you have are going to drink
champagne near the ferrets!