From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:21:44 EST
<shhhhhhhh> I'm trying to type this quietly so as not to awaken the new
addition sleeping on my lap.  CINNA is the new male cinnamon kit that I
brought home today.  An energetic ball of fluff that, at the pet store was
so docile, timid, and sedate.  After some TLC and attention began playing
and running madly.  God I love it !!

Cinna came from my local PETCO Store (Division Street, Portland).  Now, you
can all say what you will about PETCO.  Not all stores, not all employees
are the same.  Just as all fuzzy owners are not the same.  Two employees -
Barbara and Laurie - are fuzzy knowledgeable.  I have seen them take time
engaging prospective customers in conversation.  They will tell them the
pros and cons of being owned by ferrets.  They will tell them a ferts
dreams, wishes, needs, and desires.  Sometimes at the risk of losing a
sale.  But they value the animals more then the sale.

They will take the customer around and show them what items will be needed
for the animals well-being, making every effort to be sure the customer
gets the correct products.  I have seen Barb refund over $400.00 to a
customer who decided she did not want the fert, new cage, food, etc.  No
questions asked.

Both I and a new ferret owner received a copy of a health certificate that
was shipped with the ferts.  It shows the breeder, vaccinations, birthdate,
descented & neutered.  We both also received a guarantee card from the
breeder (Triple F Farms) for the ferts health.  The card also includes
information regarding the diet, temperament, and health.  Making
recommendations on handling, and how to discipline a nippy fert by
scruffing.  The health portions relates the need for vaccinations and how
they are susceptible to human colds and flu.  Laurie made certain to
discuss ferret-proofing, care and feeding, etc.  with the new owner.  She
made recommendations on fert knowledgable vets.  I could not think of one
thing they missed, one question they could not answer.  I had to put my
two cents in regarding ferret websites, personal experiences, etc..

N-E-WAY, on to SUPER-PET products.  I am attempting to locate a store that
sells accessories for the Super-Pet CARE Critter Homes.  Especially the
safety ramps and the passageway connectors that snap onto the outside of
the cage.  I have 2 of the multi-floor models and would like to connect
them together.  I wrote to the compnay back in December and they replied
that accessories would be in stores by the Jan 1999.  Well, so far no one
seems to know anyone who caries them or can order them.  Anyone who knows
of a store in the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA area, please let me know by
Email { [log in to unmask] }

Well, time to go feed the rats.  Yeah - rats.  My friend went on vacation
and left me to tend to his 50 rats (actually more - see lots of babies in
there), 6 degus, and a hamster.

KEVIN B and the WAY KEWL CRITTER CREW
Including the ~~~ENERGETIC ~~ ECLECTIC ~~ ELEVEN~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Hershey~Lacy~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Pimp~Caesar~
~Cinna~
SPECIAL STAR  ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Missing our friends Kimo the Sumo Cat (and honorary ferret) and
Petey the fert