From:
Kat Neumeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:01:55 -0500
I fully support anyone's decision to become a vegetarian or vegan.  And as
a friend of animals & people alike, I think it's noble of people to think
so highly of other creatures.

However, vegetarianism and veganism (is that a word??) are choices we
humans are fortunate enough to make.  We are omnivores, and don't _have_ to
eat meat to survive .  Ferrets don't have that luxury, thanks to evolution.
They are carnivores, they eat meat, end of story.  That doesn't mean they
should be looked down on - it's not like ferrets consciously choose to eat
other animals.  That's just _how they are_, same as any carnivore.  We can
make a choice, but that doesn't mean you need to look down upon ferrets for
not being able to make the same choice.  By her logic, Lisette should get
rid of her feral cats, fish, and any other pet she cares for who eats
another animal.  Why pick on ferrets?

Kat