From:
Matthew Ardill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:56:00 -0500
Bob Church wrote,

>6) Who said stink is bad?  Buy some of the scents used by hunters to train
>dogs, and stink up some toys, bags or boxes.  You should have seen my group
>the first time they got a whiff of red fox.  Cool.  Talk about bright eyed
>and bushy tailed!  Even the sick and old ferts were bouncing.

where did you find those scents????  i would *LOVE* to get them for my
guys.  i never even knew you could get that!!

>There are more rules or ideas, or whatever, but you get the idea that
>ferrets evolved to live in a constantly changing, demanding environment.
>They need the physical and mental challenges of their evolutionary past
>to remain healthy and alert.  If you don't believe me, prove me wrong.
>Try some of these things for a few weeks, THEN tell me I'm full of crap.
>You'll find the same thing I did; my ferrets are far more active, far more
>interested in their environment, and far healthier than ever before.

i think that there is absolutely nothing better than a trip to the park
every summer weekend for this- who says the ferrets have to stay at home??

mine *LOVE* the swamp- they chase frogs, dig holes, and smell so many
things!  and Fizgig loves running in the grassy field- he thinks it's just
incredible that he can run that far without having to turn.

siani