Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:19:45 -0800
Hi ferret people!!

Just wanted to share..  I LOVED the tea-pot ferret song!  That was really
great!  For my little household, the last line could even be, "I'll trip
you over and make you shout!"  Wanna hear the corresponding story?

Well here it is, anyway..  I can be kind of messy, sometimes, yes I admit
it.  So, I had some dirty sheets lying on the floor near my bed and of
course the ferrets think it is great fun to fall asleep in here.  So, how
can I feel good about taking away a favourite ferret sleeping place??  So,
I leave it there a few days sometimes..  Dean slept in there and there was
a time that I forgot he liked to sleep in there and went to get Martin off
the top of my desk and stepped right near Dean, feeling something near my
foot move quickly and feeling all at once overcome with guilt for what
might have happened.

Well recently this sort of thing happened again.  I had totally forgotten
about the previous incident.  I put Dean away in his hammock for the night
and said, "Okay, now, where's Martin?" I stepped forward which meant my
foot landed on the sheets on the floor and I heard this little squeak as my
foot hit something buried there.  I gasped and a powerful surge of
adrenaline shot through me as my heart started racing and thoughts of "Oh
god, what have I done??" went through me..  Then the realisation of what
had actually transpired occured to me..  It was their stuffed cow squeak
toy I had stepped on.  All that happened in a matter of about 3 seconds.
I was so relieved but had been so panicked that it made me cry.  So,
everyone, as a lesson to me and all owners of small animals that like to
burrow : Watch your step.  That, and if you're gonna leave out dirty
sheets, at least put them under the bed or in a ferret cabinet, tee hee.

On an entirely different topic -- For the person who asked -- Yes, Craisins
are the OceanSpray dried cranberries and my ferret, Martin, loves them, and
I do too, but Dean won't even taste them.

Okay well that's it.  Hope all are doing well!

Love & hugs & best wishes & good health to the fuzzles and their owners!

Night!

--Meghan
Martin and Dean