From:
"Beth A. Plodzik DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 06:33:04 EST
>could tell me the difference between having a vet who's a DVM (Doctor of
>Veterinary Medicine) and a VMD (I'm guessing this stands for Veterinary
>Medical Doctor..not sure)

The University of Penn.  Veterinary School gives their graduates VMD
degrees whereas all the other veterinary schools in the United States use
DVM.  There is no difference in the amount or type of training involved
just the school your vet went to.

Beth DVM (Ohio State)