Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:42:52 -0800
This is in regards to Donna's question on teeth cleaning.  I first want
to say I am not a vet just a groomer and vet assistent.  I am not telling
anyone what to do or how to care for their babies.  Always do what's right
for you.  All animals should have their teeth cleaned once a year by your
vet.  This should begain after a year or two of age.What happens is you
would drop your ferret off for the day.  The ferret would have his teeth
cleaned and polished ( make sure they polish as it smoothes the teeth, if
not done food ect can get trapped in the groves and what did you clean the
teeth for).  They are put under a mild seditive and when done rapped in a
towel and monatered till they awake.  If your ferret's teeth have lots of
tater and it is not removed a gum infection can accure.  This will send
bacteria to the major organs like the heart and liver and cause damage.  If
you can find a vet like the one I work for who sees a lot of ferrets and is
knowlegable on dental I would sugest getting it done.  A dental once a year
is cheeper then a tooth removel or heart problem down the line.  Hope this
helps!

Tigger's Mommy