From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:17:15 -0500
The vet that is performing surgery on my little girl Baby next week said
that almost all the ferrets he is operating on need both Adrenals removed.

The right one, he opens the capsule and removes as much material inside as
he can.[or some such thing]  Are those of you wise to Adrenal surgery
finding this is true?  I have met some dishonest Vets in my time.  And I
have heard from vet techs some stories of others.  To deliberately harm a
ferret to make money: I hope these people burn in hell for eternity.

[Sorry: I dont dwell on these things, and know there are many fine people
in the world] How long does the average 5 year old ferret live without
both glands?  How about without both glands and the spleen?  Baby will be 5
in June.  I understand that I will have to give her some kind of Prelone
syrup every day.  By the way, I am in Ill.  This surgery is going to cost
around 600 dollars.  I have two other ferrets who need it.  The surgery
for adrenal gland removal is 300, then there are blood tests, biopsy,
anesthetic, staying over night costs, pain medication, and 120 dollars to
remove the spleen, I.V.  catheter, and perscription for Prelone.  Does this
sound right?  I was saddened to hear the cost.  I cant afford to help the
other two ferrets I took in who need surgery.  It is like chosing who will
live and who will die.

THANK YOU

A wonderfull present for all of you: FREE online greeting cards that move,
play music, can have poetry, where you can add to the message: AND THEY
HAVE SPECIAL ANIMAL CARDS http://www3.bluemountain.com/cards/box
Sweet Ferret Dreams.

Lisette