From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:49:53 -0500
Hi All!

We have spent our Christmas over in Australia - and yes we brought some
Aussie kits with us (they can be seen at
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521/aboutourferrets.html ).

Anyhow - ferrets cannot be imported into Australia.  This seems to be an
issue as there hasn't been new blood in Australia since the 1920's.

I am begging all of you to please view the floowing web site, go to the
bottom and send Warren Vant a very positive comment (even tho it says to
send them in by December 8, 1998).

The page can be accessed at:
http://www.dpie.gov.au/aqis/homepage/imadvice/a98-081.html

This is very important as a family that is from Australia (well, the USA
really) is living in Jakarta and is facing the return to Australia (due to
the problems in Jakarta).  They brought all of their 5 ferrets with them
from Australia and now they can't bring them back!  The ferrets have even
been given rabies vaccines and have been micro chipped.

It is also important as I want to move there and I WANT TO BRING ME
FERRETS!

Thank you so much!  Please, please, please comment on this subject!

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms - Michigan, USA
Breeding for Quality Ferrets
American, Australian, German, and New Zealand bloodlines
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism"