Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:44:42 EDT
From:
Signe Peerson <[log in to unmask]>
Just a couple of questions: I've seen many references in these postings to
enlarged spleens.  An emergency vet told me that ferrets "commonly" have
enlarged spleens, and the condition is not necessarily indicative of any
serious problem.  Is this true?

Also, does anyone else have experience with a sponge thief?  (I'm talking
about those little sponges with a blue side and a yellow side that come
three to a pack.) My new adoptees, Lilly and Milly, are sponge nuts.  At
first I was able to stop them in mid-theft, or to find the sponge (intact)
in a hidey-hole soon after they'd dashed off with it.  I moved the sponge
up to the microwave shelf, where it would be absolutely out of their reach.
Friday night that one disappeared, too, and I can't find it anywhere,
although the search continues.  What do they find so darned attractive
about sponges, anyway?  The soapy smell?  Does anyone have a ferret who's
actually eaten a sponge?  Did it cause a blockage?  I'm worried.

Signe