Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:41:04 -0600
From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Legs o' Jello is not that uncommon, I think.  Early on in our ferret
career, our cat and a young ferret had an encounter that scared the heck
out of all of us.

The cat wanted to play, and the ferret was curious.  So the cat grabbed the
ferret, while lying on his side, and began that back-leg kicking cats do
when they try to disembowel each other.  But he didn't have his claws out.
The ferret shrieked.  I shrieked.  My daughter shrieked.  The cat ran off
to hide.  The ferret lay completely still.  I was sure her back was
broken--she was totally limp.  I picked her up and held her.  Her breathing
got very slow.  I was sure this little ferret was dying in my arms.  Her
eyes were half closed and glazed.  What could we do?  I shouted at my
daughter to bring the Ferretvite--maybe a little sugar would keep her going
until we could get to the vet.

The ferret smelled the Ferretvite, sat up, and started licking away as if
nothing had ever happened. However, she still doesn't care much for cats.