Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 04:50:31 -0500
From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Paula wrote:
>Ok so I had the scare of my life.  I never knew that ferrets slept so
>soundly.  ... My little Angel, 5 months old, was laying in the bottom of
>her cage when I picked her up and she appeared lifeless.  ... boy did she
>look dead.  I was never so scared in my life.  She is my first and I could
>not imagine what I had done to kill her.

Welcome to the "joys" of Dead Ferret Syndrome, Paula.  :) Zorro, my first
ferret, was the one to initiate me into this rather distressing facet of
ferret behavior.  I found him lying "lifeless" in the hammock one night,
and when I picked him up he wouldn't move and it didn't look like he was
breathing.  While I was panicking and trying to figure out how in the world
I was going to tell my daughter that our pet had mysteriously died, he sort
of rolled his head up and half-opened his eyes and gave me this very
reproachful look.  It's happened again since then, and not only with Zorro,
as others of my fuzzies have done the same "trick." I think they do it
because they know you'll be so happy to discover they're not dead you'll
give them a treat or some extra attention.  *g*

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, and Crysin
@}-}--
"It won't rain all the time
The sky won't fall forever
And though the night seems long
Your tears won't fall forever."
     --"It Can't Rain All the Time,"
       Jane Siberry/Graeme Revell, from The Crow soundtrack