Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:47:02 -0500
From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Brandon: Your best bet is to put the "bad ferret" cage away, until you need
to use it.  Mine did the same thing.  I only take the carrier down when one
of them is bad, and they know when they see it that one of them is going to
end up in there for a while.

Jen & Lisette: I left my ferrets with a "pet sitter" once.  Let me tell you
that I'll never do that again.  I will only leave Oscar and Miko with my
parents or my brothers.  The "pet sitter" was supposed to come over to my
house 3 times a day to check on them, feed and water them every day, clean
the litter pan and cage every day and let them out for play time.  I asked
my neighbors to keep an eye out for them to make sure that they could find
the apartment.  I was p*ssed off when I came home to 2 starving ferrets
who's cage looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all.  They didn't have
and water or food.  I was supposed to pay them $120.00 for the week, and
I refused to pay it.  They didn't do what they were supposed to do, so I
didn't feel that I should have to pay for a service that I didn't get.
They threatened small claims court and I told them to go ahead.  They never
did.  I asked my neighbor how often they were around, and she told me that
they were only there twice.

I always treat my kids good, especially Oscar as he was in a terribly
abusive situation before I got him.  I vowed to never allow him to be put
in that kind of situation again, and unknowingly I did.  I thought that
these people were in the business of doing this, so I didn't mind paying
for the service, but I will never do it again.  Miko was always well looked
after, at the breeders/petstore, and with me, so this was her first bad
experience, for 3 days they had free run of my bedroom and bathroom, and
were fed lots, they could hardly stand when I got home.  I put the word out
to everyone I knew not to use this particular service, and asked that they
in turn put the word out to everyone they knew.  This place is no longer in
business.