Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:16:20 -0500
From:
Shawn & Melissa Archambeault <[log in to unmask]>
two months ago i lost a foster ferret named gypsy.  she had inoperable
adrenal tumors.  i never thought i would be going thru this so soon again.
bones was another foster ferret of mine, he was found outside wandering
around and brought to a shelter.  he was skin and bones, thus his name.  he
was to old to be adopted out, so i took him in and fattened him up.  i have
had him for about a year, a few months ago he was diagnosed with lymphoma.
he has been on pediapred since.  last friday 3/12, in the morning i had him
out playing with his buddies and he was picking on them as usual, he was
fine!  then that evening, i was in the kitchen washing dishes and my
husband was in the livingroom.  he heard bones scream from his hammock.  he
went over and took him out and brought him to me.  t thought maybe he just
had a ferret nightmare and was in a deep sleep.  i tried for 20 minutes to
get him to wake up but he was weak in the hind end, he would take a few
steps and collapse.  i called the hospital and rushed him over, there was
something seriously wrong!!!

they took blood, gave him fluids, took x-rays, and his temp.  he had a very
low temp and the x-rays showed he had a big stomach.  we thought it may
be the lymphoma.  but happening so quickly??  he was in a ton of pain, he
would cry when i moved when i was holding him.  he was not himself and we
couldn't figure out why.  i brought him home and did supportive care.  i
put him on a heating pad and gave him fluids.  i tried to stay up with him
all night but i fell asleep at 1am, i woke up at 3am and he was gone.  i
let the old timer down, i wasn't there for him when he needed me most and i
feel like a bad mom.  we found out that he had a blood clot.  that is was
caused the low temp (poor circulation), hind end weakness, extreme pain,
etc.  knowing that with a blood clot there was nothing anyone could do.
this all happened too quick, he was fine that morning!!!!  all my guys
that were in the cage with him are very depressed.  one of them (indiana)
is taking it the hardest (they were like fighting siblings).  the strange
thing is that with the exception of his head, legs and tail, his body has
turned grey since this has happened.

-melissa
p.s.  for all you people picking apart the rainbow bridge - LEAVE IT
ALONE!!!!!  it is a beautiful place for us to believe our pets have gone
to, it helps with the pain of loosing a loved one!!!  YOU PEOPLE SHOULD
BE ASHAMED FOR TURNING THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE INTO ANOTHER DEBATE!!!  i
personally want it to STOP!!!!!  enough is enough!!!!!!