From:
daphne reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:11:43 PDT
Hello to all,

I was hoping to get some help from everyone out there in "ferret land".I
am afraid that my ferrets have never been on heartworm meds yet, since my
vet advised against them, but I live in an area where heartworms are fairly
prevalent, and I don't want my babies to be at risk.

Could you please send me any info or web sites that would pertain to what
types of meds are best, any side effects, and the dosages for the meds that
you or your vets recommend.  I want to know what I am talking about when I
go to get the medicine, and have some hard evidence on why the meds are
important and the best ones to use.

Thanks so much from myself and my furry foursome