From:
Heathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 13:41:57 -0500
Lisette said:
>Change that $500 minimum to $800.  Vet bills just for Wolf since last July
>are over $1500.  Some one in Alaska said minimum there IS $1500 for adrenal
>surgery...

I'm not sure where in Alaska the person that gave you the info lived, but
if s/he lived in Anchorage, they're seriously getting screwed.  For anyone
that lives in Anchorage and is looking for a knowledgable ferret vet
contact Southside Animal Hospital - DVM Karen Schmidt.  All my babies (that
needed it) have had adrenal surgery there.  Not only is the vet friendly
and compassionate, but she's also very ferret knowledgable.  She even has 2
little guys, herself.  And what's better than that is that the surgery is
under $300.  My first furrkid that had it done was actually under the $200
mark but that was when the clinic was new.

Here's their contact info:

Southside Animal Hospital & Wellness Center
12000 Industry Way, Building N5, 6
Anchorage, Alaska 99515
PHONE: 907-345-1905
FAX: 907-348-0466

It's worth a look, in my opinion.  I've just recently moved to Canada and I
have yet to find a vet I trust as much as I trusted Dr. Schmidt.  It's
worth a drive into Anchorage from Eagle River or Girdwood.  For those
familar with Anchorage, Industry Way is off the Old Seward Hwy right before
Huffman.  For the record, I have no stake in the business Dr. Schmidt gets,
I am just trying to help others find a good vet.

While I'm posting... does anyone know where I can get a Midwest conversion
kit for my cage?  I just now found their website, only to discover that
they've discontinued the conversion kit as of Dec '98.  If anyone knows of
a store they've seen them at and would be willing to send it to me (I'd
cover all costs, of course) I would be forever in your debt.  Online
retailers would be appreciated, too.

Be well all,
Heather & 4 spoiled ferrets