Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:04:43 EST
Hello everyone,

We've now completed the majority of our mailings for the Assembly districts
regarding our new bill AB 854.  Our members in the Water Parks and Wildlife
Committee districts have been sent letters advising them that their
representative must hear from them, their families and friends.  We've
also mailed to all of our people in the districts represented by new
Assemblymembers so that these new members can learn about the ferret issue
from their constituents.  In all, between the four recent mailings,
including two mailings to our contacts in Senator Johnston's district,
we've sent out over 3,000 first class letters in the last month.

The cost of these Assembly mailings came to well over $1,000.00.  First
class stamps alone cost CFL over $990.00.  In addition to the stamps, CFL
purchased over 3,000 copies at Kinkos, as well as purchased envelops and
labels at Office Max.  If you are a Californian and care about this issue,
please help us to continue these important mailings by sending a donation
to Californians for Ferret Legalization.

Our mailings must go out in time for our members to write BEFORE each
committee or floor vote or it will be too late.  The Ferrets Anonymous
Newsletter will now be bi-monthly which makes the CFL mailings even more
important to the legalization effort here since they will be the quickest
way for Californians to be advised about when to write and to whom.  We
need first class stamps (now .33 cents each), #10 envelops, and Avery white
address labels #5960 for the laser printer.  Or, you can send a check or
money order to Californians for Ferret Legalization to help us purchase
these supplies.

We also are fortunate to have the help of a very well respected lobbyist in
Sacramento who charges us a special rate for his invaluable services and
advice.  We would like to be able to take advantage more often of his help
but there is a cost for these services.

Californians, if you don't think that $5.00 or $10.00 or $20.00 will help,
you're mistaken.  Please support our efforts so that we can help change
this ridiculous law.  Thanks so much for your help.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road
Woodside, CA  94062