From:
Sandy Pfeifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 06:41:08 -0600
Hi all..

Just wanted to say that the suggestion of ask your vet is the best one
i've heard.

we recently went on vacation for spring break and took my only pet sitter
with us- my mother.  i was sooooo nervous cause i realized i'd never left
my cats, parrot & dog with anyone else in over 10 years..  (the ferrets
came home with us on vacation so didn't have to worry about a pet sitter
yet for them)

The vet had 3 names for us one of them a tech at his office, another the
wife of another vet, and another lady.  We picked one and for $8.00 a day
she came by twice- walked the dog, played with the cat..  fed the parrot
(he bites anyone but my hubby)..  she saw the ferret magazines laying
around and asked if we had ferrets cause she loved them and would love to
baby sit those to..  said not yet but we'd keep that in mind.. :)  we were
soooo thrilled when we came home and TJ had done such a wonderful job..  we
also left a letter with the vet authorizing treatment of the zoo in case of
emergency while we were gone..

on pet birds- we had cockatiels that we placed in january- just have an
amazon parrot now who's a spoiled brat..  the cockatiels loved to be
loose..  and so we'd put the cats in the bedroom and letthem fly..  i would
think you'd end up with deadly results if you had ferrets and cockatiels
loose at the same time..  (at least from the way bandit and hobs love to
jump and investigate new things) on the other hand..  both of these guys
have investigated radar..  a big giggle cause hobs isn't afraid of
anything..  puts his little paws up on radars cage..  radar puffs up and
screams and hobs is instantly 2 ft back... i laughed sooooo hard..  of
course hobs had to do that about 10 times before he decided maybe the
parrot wasn't gonna be anything nice to play with..  we let radar out when
ferrets are in..  cause i think ray would do the attack parrot thing and
trust me his bite is the worst..  hobs & bandit both ignore the bird..  not
the cats..  they are fun to play with (whell the ferrets think so)

Take care-

Sandy- Hobs & Bandit