Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:45:06 -0600
Freak-out:

I keep a newspaper in a corner of my room that Dervish has claimed as her
latrine (right by the door, wouldn't ya know).  Today I came upstairs and
saw the newpaper was used, so I picked it up to throw it out.  But I
noticed a pink puddle on the paper, and it looked like there was blood in
her urine!  I soaked ip up with a tissue and saw that it was definitely
pink piddle, and I started looking for Dervish.  She was happily asleep
under the bed, as she normally is.  There hadn't been any strange poopies
or behavior or anything, and when I woke her up, she seemed fine.  I picked
the paper back up to throw it out on my way to calling the vet ... when I
noticed that a photograph on the paper was blurred.  I looked more closely,
and saw that RED INK from the photo had faded into a pink right where
Dervish had gone.  Sure enough, the piddle was normal and Meghan was
overreacting.  (Thank goodness it was nothing!)

Ferret gifts:

For my birthday today I received a really spiffy game called Rush Hour,
where you have inch or two-inch plastic cars (too big to swallow) and move
them on a grid and it's really neat.  I had barely begun to set it up when
Dervish started carrying off cars under the bed!  After I retrieved them
and put them where she couldn't get them, I heard her dragging something
else under the bed.  My brand-new bottle of Bath & Body Works lotion.  So
got that from her, and put it away.  I reached for my new pen with a
plastic Scooby-Doo hanging on the lid ... sure enough, I found it with
twenty nail polish bottles under the bed.  As I pulled it out, I heard her
trying to jump up onto the table where I put the car game.

So is everything just a ferret toy, after all?

Not Guilty:

Due to lack of evidence, charges against Dervish (regarding the spilled
Ferretone) have been dropped.  An unnamed cat has been brought in for
routine questioning.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("At least let me lick your new
 soap!")