From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:55:59 -0500
We first got a ferret when Steve thought I wanted one and I thought he
wanted one, so we each INSISTED on getting one FOR THE SAKE OF THE OTHER!
That was 16?, 17?  **whatever** number of years ago.

Steve has made an observation which is interesting.  He's noticed that the
lower individuals in the hierarchy here are less likely to stash.  It's
not universal, and changes for situation and things being stashed per
individual (For instance Jumpstart is normally our lowest except for
Cheweasels and they all know that.).  Anyway, since our's are less likely
to steal from individuals who are more dominant but often have absolutely
no reservations about even taking something being eaten from lower ones,
it might just make more sense for the low ones to eat while they can.