From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:03:13 -0000
I am quite certain that there have been messages posted on this topic any
number of times, but I've always just kind of skipped over them because
they didn't apply to my situation.  But now it does!  In about six weeks I
am (not certain yet, but probably) going to be getting a new puppy.  The
puppy is a Rottweiler/Irish Wolfhound cross, and therefore certain to be
enormous.  What can I do to insure that the puppy learns early on who are
the real bosses in the house (the ferrets, of course), so that he knows not
to hurt them?  I completely trust my old Ogre-dog around them; he weighs
100 pounds himself, but he runs from them when they're in "Tag" mode
(although if Pandora keeps biting his butt, he may someday not be quite so
forgiving).  Any advice for successful puppy/ferret integration?

Vickie, Moogie, Pandora, Diva (also known as Baby Dee-Dee), Tanker the
Dirty White Boy, and Flower-Power