From:
HL Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:10:27 +0000
I have been reading the FML for several weeks now but this is my first
post.  We recently had one of our babies go on the the Rainbow Bridge.  It
was very hard on both my fianci and I but I think harder on me.  It was my
carelessness that cost him his life.  My fianci has been on the FML longer
than I have and she told all of you that we had lost Ossi.  The first time
I heard of the Rainbow Bridge was from someone on this list that sent a
poem about it.  It was beautiful.  As much as I might like to think pets
will join us in heaven I don't think so.  The Rainbow Bridge is a beautiful
picture and the idea behind it, at least as I see it, is to ease the minds
and hearts of the families that have lost such cherished pets.  The reason
I even started this was to complement Robynn McCarthy for summing it up so
well when she wrote: "The Rainbow Bridge doesn't have to belong in heaven,
it can just as easily be in your own heart." I know that is where Ossi is
now.  The love I felt for him means that he will always live there.

Thank you

Ben Russell, Isis, Snickers, Casper, Bubba, and Ossi @ the Rainbow
Bridge in my heart
http://www.amswebdesign.com/family/ferrets.htm