Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:50:25 -0800
Im usually just quiet in the background reading posts.  but today I felt
like replying to some things :)

these are only opinions/personal expeiriances and I dont mean to offend
anyone, and Im sorry if someone gets offended its not my intention.

first, to the lady with a young son, I have 2 small children.  a 3 year
old and a 5 year old and I have 6 ferrets, a puppy and a guina pig.  My
children get along fine with my ferrets and vise vera.  I got my Ferrets
from local petstores in my area.  I didn't know Ferret shelters exsisted at
the time.  I didn't buy from a private breeder because they charged almost
as much as the petsore, but no health guarentee or vet checked (for the
breeders I talked to) so I paid alot of money for the 6 ferrets I have.  If
a shelter wont adopt to you and your heart is set on sharing your home with
one, there are other alternatives.

as for Store Ferrets  *Petco* and other petstores.
I don't see anything wrong with buying from them.  My ferrets came from
Marshall farms and all are healthy and happy, and all but one ferret has
grown big and fat.

the one female I bought weighs less then half a pound and is over 7 months
old.  she looks as small as when I bought her (she was 6/8?  weeks) but
very healthy and active.  I keep seeing people say dont buy from petstores,
but if people didn't buy from petstores, those ferrets that are there,
would grow old and die there without any *one* person to care for them and
become thier companion.  Ferrets will most likey allways be carried in
Petstores along with other pets.  if people only go through breeders and
shelters and if someone looking to buy a ferret is turned down (like with
the lady and young child) how are they ever to get one?  Who has really the
right to tell one person, you can't ever own one but these other people can
and since we are the only ones with Ferrets, tough luck, get a cat or other
pet somewhere else.  I'm not knocking Breeders or shelters but actually in
defence pet stores because if they weren't selling ferrets I wouldn't have
my 6 sweethearts now.

as for the "Rainbow bridge" why debate over what it is?  It's like people
debating over what heaven is, no one will ever be able to PROVE heaven is a
paradise, or a giant family reunion.  People just believe what they want to
believe about it.  I see the Rainbow bridge as the same thing.  It gives
people a since of peace that thier pet isnt just gone but waiting for
them.  Everyone has thier own opinions, and to get mad because someone else
doesn't hold the same opinions is wrong... it's just Opinions, not true or
false just an opinion.  Some people's opion might be WAY different then
yours or be totally aginst yours, but it's still thier opinion and they
have every right to have it as everyone else does.

Everyone on this list has something in common, Ferrets.  instead of arguing
and jumping to defence or attacking someone else because of thier opinions
and thoughts or whatever, we should just help each other out with questions
for the good of ferrets and thier care takers.

thanks for listening to my babble :)

Chrissy-
Bear - albino male "Mr cuddly"
Mookie - sable female "Trouble maker"
Scooter - cinnimon male "Mr Snobby"
Blaze - panda female "Miss tiny kisses"
Scout - panda female "Suba diving Sofa shark"
Dusty - sable male "Wanted in 3 states for Theft"