From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:44:18 -0500
What is every-one using to keep ferret skin and fur in good condition?

1. Toatally Ferret mixed with small amounts of other quality kibble, just
in case variety is important to a ferret

2. Boil a big pot of water every morning to get moisture in the air, and
open a window the ferts can get to for at least 30 min.  This is supposed
to cut down on possibility of colds in humans also, so its not a bad idea
to do this for our selves.  And cats must have fresh air everyday, I read.
All the animals sit in front of the window no matter how hot or cold it is.

3. Only bathe 4 to 6 times a year[I bathe slightly more]

4. I place Spring water in bowls, pots and tea cups sitting out for ferts.
Change food and water 3 times a day so every thing is as fresh as possible.

5.Use Bag Balm on post op ferts, or balding ferts with irritated looking
skin, Vit.  E cream on ferts going through coat change, and Wonders
Miracles Lotion on pre op adrenal guys.

Their phone # is 1-800-The-Woman.  It is a cruelty free product made of
Canola Oil, Glycerine, Olive Oil, Safflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Hyssop,
Aloe Vera Gel, Chamomille, Wheat Germ oil, Castor Oil, Sesame Seed Oil,
Allantois, Vit.  E,A, and D, Burdock Root,Alffalfa, Sage, Goldenseal,
Slippery Elm, Comfrey, Yarrow.  Only $7.00 at Health food store.

6. Petting a lot: oil from hands softens fur and feels so good to babies.

What does every one else do?
Lisette