From:
Daniel Poryanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:45:48 EST
Hello all,
Firstly, I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to write encouraging
words to Jinx and thanks to all who kept him in their thoughts.  It worked.

The vet took out his left adrenal, which was the size of your thumb and
very well vascularized.  He told me he had to ligate so many vessels he
waited to close him up so he could see if he got all of them.  Jinx spent
the night in ICU for observation.

I stopped by the vet on my way home Wed. to see how Jinx was doing.  He was
lying in his little cube with IV in his front leg, so groggy from the
anesthesia.  I scratched his ears and talked to him and he opened his eyes
as if to say things will be OK.  then he laid his head back down.  I stayed
for half an hour scratching his ears and fixing his covers so he wouldn't
get a chill, not having fur.

He came home Thurs. afternoon, I kept him isolated in his carrier for the
first few hours so the others could get used to having him around again.
When I let him out with his 9 brothers and sisters, I was treated to the
most amazing show of affection by any creature.  Jinx sniffed out the bed
where his best buddy Blizzard was and crawled in.  Within seconds, Jinx was
mobbed by his sisters, mostly, they sniffed and licked his ears and all
over then they all settled down around him to keep him warm.  I was just
beside myself at their conduct.  Not a day goes by that I don't marvel at
these little guys.

The vet sent the tumor out for biopsy, when I get the results I'll post
again.

The power of love from my "family" (all of you) is limitless.  Thank you.

Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
Daniel Poryanda