From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:01:12 -0700
Hi,

I'm curious about ferret shapes. My ferrets are all MF.  All are under 3
yrs except for one we adopted recently who is at least five. Some of my
younger PIGGIES are becoming sort of pear shaped, due to their excellent
response to Totally Ferret. But even with fat butts, they still look
relatively aerodynamic, with narrow pointy heads. The old guy looks more
like a bulldog. He has massive musculature on his neck and back. Very broad
physique, with a large head. Since he is recovering from a chronic illness,
the big muscles and thick neck have to be genetic--he isn't active enough
now to build up like that. (I think he looks cool!)  At first I thought
perhaps male ferrets were muscled more heavily than females, but my other
males don't look like the older ferret.--they have skinny necks, relatively
speaking.

So was there a change a few years ago in ferret styling or something?

Jacqueline