From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:36:52 -0500
Sorry for the anon; I've gotten spam from this list before (unfortunately)
so I want to mask my "real" address.  [Moderator's note: can you please
write and let me know about it?  BIG]

Anyhow...I have three fuzzybutts which recently went to the vet for booster
shots.  The vet noticed that my eldest (Rascal) has some gum disease and my
"middle child" is developing it.  I have made repeated attempts to clean
her teeth over the years but could never get the hang of it.  The problem
has been recently compounded by the fact that I've lost some agility in one
of the fingers of my left hand, making grasping Rascal by the scruff a
difficult prospect.

I noticed tonight that Rascal seems to be having a bit of difficulty with
the hard ferret food.  Not good.

SO...Is there anyone in/around the Jersey City (NJ) area who (a) is skilled
in this procedure and (b) would be willing to either visit here or have me
visit you to clean my fuzzy's teeth, perhaps once a week (or more; I'm not
sure how often it should be done) until I can do it myself (hopefully)?  A
visit here would be better as I have no car (I'm at the mercy of mass
transit) and whenever the ferrets are in a new environment they go on Full
Red Alert mode and will want to explore everything, making teeth cleaning a
difficult prospect.  Or maybe recommend a vet or "pet grooming salon" in
the area who can provide this service?  All three ferrets are docile,
friendly and healthy, and are aged roughly 6, 4, and 2 years old.

I don't want this to become a major medical problem for any of my ferrets.
Please send responses to "[log in to unmask]".  Thanks. :-)