From:
Diana Blanshey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:28:01 -0800
I am very sorry to say that my friends and I are unable to care for our
two fuzzies anymore.  I always thought it irresponsible get animals in our
situation, being students, not knowing where we'll be tomorrow..  but
couldn't resist two adorable kids in the pet store..  Anyway.

The ferrets are one boy and one girl, both spayed/neutered/descented; we
got them from the petstore in June 1998 when they were 9 months each, so
now they are about 1.5 years old each.  I didn't notice blue spots on their
ears, so I assume they are not MF ferrets.  They spent all their lives
together, so must be adopted together.

Floyd is I believe sable (I am pretty bad in deciding on their colors..),
between 2.5 and 3 lbs, very healthy boy (they both have been to the vet
less than a month ago, got their rabies and distemper shots and were
treated against ear mites ).

Podo is I think mitt sable (please excuse me if I am wrong..  again, their
colors confuse me..).  She has a little lip defect - she's missing her
front lower teeth and has a bump on her lip, the vet suggested it's because
lip lining grew out.  She used to be a pretty bad nipper when we first got
her, she is much more sweet now, although they both might occasionally nip.
Podo is about 1.75 lbs, healthy.

They both are pretty independent ferrets, unfortunately they are not really
cuddly, that is, they don't like being held.  Prefer to play on their own,
or chase us around.  They've been living in a two-story cage (unfortunately
they've been spending too much time there..  that's one of reasons we must
give them up..).  In the beginning we fed them Fiesta ferret food, then
switched to 8-in-1 Ultimate, for the past two months it was Totally ferret.
Also were given Ferretone and 8-1 treats (we offered raisins, other brands'
treats, but they were not very excited).

They come with their cage, their toys, cage accessories (feeder, water
bottle, hammock, litter box), small carrier cage, watever food is left,
documentation on their shots.  We ask $75 for them both.

I'd feel much more secure if they would go to a home without kids (small
kids at least), with ferret-experienced people.  They get along great, so I
assume they would get along with other ferrets as well.  They haven't been
in contact with other ferrets as long as they live here.  I want to try and
find them the best home available, since I do have some time available.

They are located in Midtown Atlanta, GA, and most likely the new parent
would have to come pick them (and their cage) up, although in extreme
circumstances we might arrange transportation.

I am sure there are a lot of things I left out. If anyone is
interested, please contact me via phone :
404-206-9162 (however, I am at work during the day),
or via email
or
I'll be happy to answer any additional questions to the best of my
knowledge, and I'll have to ask a lot of questions, as well.

Okay, now I can't stop crying.. need to sign off..

Diana