From:
"Sander, Tanya M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:55:11 -0600
I wanted to share an interesting story with you.  I have 2 ferrets (Max,
1 yo sable, and Maisy, 3 yo silver mitt), who I love dearly.  I'm recently
married and moved to the St. Louis area.  My husband and I applied for
renter's insurance with State Farm.  The application asked what pets were
on the premise, so I put the ferrets - not thinking anything of it.  About
a month later we received a letter stating that our insurance application
was being denied and our premium refunded due to "increased liability due
to undomesticated animals on the premises".  Isn't that the most absurd
thing you've ever heard?  It's pretty humorous that such a large insurance
company could be so uninformed.

Could anyone in the St. Louis area recommend a good vet?  We live near
Maryland Heights.  I'd like to have one on hand in the case of an emergency
or when vaccinations roll around.

Thank you!

Tanya Sander