From:
Bobbi McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:03:11 -0600
We recently had a ferret arrive at the shelter with what appeared to be
significant hair loss.  He had even had exploratory surgery, nothing found.
I took him to our wonderful vet, Dr. Kolich, who pointed out that what
looked like hair loss was really broken hair.  The hair on his head was so
short that he almost appeared to be bald.  He also had nearly bare places
on this rump.  The culpert was ear mites.  They had gotten so bad that they
were infecting other parts of his body.  Medical treatment for the ears,
a flea bath, and then treatment with Frontline, have taken care of the
problem.

Bobbi, of the Kansas City Ferret Hotline. <+:-)