From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:26:13 -0500
I thought it was time for me to post again about my little family and what
they've been up to lately.  I haven't posted in a while because the passing
of da Dodge really got to me & left me feeling depressed.  I guess because
there were all those cute stories in 'his' voice, it made me feel like I
really knew him.

I'm depressed over Moogie too.  He's done well these past months with
insulinoma on his Prednisone, but he's started losing weight again and I'm
pretty convinced he now has adrenal tumors, too, since he's started losing
hair on the base of his tail, and a couple other spots on his rear.  He
also drags his right rear leg pretty often.  He still seems to feel good
and likes to play, though.  He follows me around and sits on my foot
whenever I stop, craning his neck back to look at me.  It makes me so sad
that the little guy has never had a completely normal life (he was a
rescue, had been through numerous homes, fed on dog food growing up, and
has always been sickly and scraggly-looking).  But, then again, I know I've
given him a much, much better life than he had before me, and I take some
comfort in that.  He seems happy.

Flower is funny!  She just kind of turns into a mist like a vampire and
oozes through cracks that I know no ferret could fit through.  Every night,
around midnight, she tests all the connections in the tubes between cages,
trying to find weak spots.  All the time, she somehow gets out, and she'll
just come be-bopping into the living room, pausing to look around, and gets
captured and replaced.  And she wardances continually, as hyper as can be.

Tank has turned into the cabinet-and-drawer king.  It is because of him
that I had to go out and buy child-proof cabinet and drawer locks
yesterday.  And he's just as much of a big white lard-butt as ever,
probably still six pounds.

Pandora keeps to herself, playing aloof more often these days.  She
actually won one fight with Diva last week, and now she has claimed most of
that cage back (only the hammock, with Diva actually in it, is off-limits
now).

Diva is an odd one.  On the one hand, she is by far the most cuddly and
calm ferret I have ever seen.  Take her out of her cage and sit with her on
your lap, and she'll cuddle quietly for fifteen or twenty minutes, and will
give kisses too.  Then she'll walk around for about five minutes, then
voluntarily go back into her cage and go to sleep.  It makes me wonder if
she's not healthy, but she looks healthy.  She has a good appetite, normal
poopies, looks fat and glossy and nicely-furred.  She just sleeps 23 & 1/2
hours a day, and yawns while you cuddle her.

I'm so lucky that not a single ferret out of the five has ever offered to
nip or claw and be unfriendly in any way, either, not even to our 5 year
old daughter.  I trust them completely.  They are so gentle.

Well, that is my crew these days.  I love 'em all.