From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 08:16:53 -0500
I have received what looks like close to a hundred emails of concern and
well wishes, and I will answer every one personally, eventually.

Else wise, I've just been trying to recover & find a direction to move on.

What I had been trying for Timmy is another Enzymatic therapy product
called IP-6, which is supposed to support the immune system in a general
way..  It's made from rice, so seems close to tasteless and since everyone
gets the same recipe, no one seemed to mind it.  I can't say that it made
any difference though.

Since Timmy had a "rounded heart", (I guess that's the beginnings of an
enlarged heart), I also doubled the CoQ-10.  It's supposed to be specific
heart strengthening and immune system improving.

When I first found he was not eating, about 2 months ago now, the vet found
a tumor on his spleen, one lung, and the rounded heart.  (by taking an
x-ray).  Since after feeding round the clock, & his not wanting what I was
offering, I had about 12 hrs go by when I was pooped, and his was limp with
his tounge hanging out.  I then started him on pred. tablet, 1/4 twice a
day, then on 2 experienced opinions upped it to 1 tab/day in divided doses.
I found putting it in a tablespoon with some flax seed oil (or feratone) &
crushing it with a nail set tool with a 1/8th inch flat tip rather than
pointed (good old Sears hardware dept), it hid the taste well enough that
it wasn't a struggle.  I preceeded & followed it with some plain flax seed
oil to coat his mouth & then act as a reward.

He started to have enlargement of what felt like the neck nodes, so I
tapered him off the pred., as I've also heard it interferes with the immune
system.  I later learned that it could have been fat deposits, so if I had
to do it all over, I probably would have kept him on the pred..  it's a
hard call, because the thing that bothered me most is his not wanting any
tonic water, even by syringe.

When he was sick 4 years ago, the tonic water was the only thing he drank
on his own for maby 4 months.  All the other kids drank it, I drank it, so
that rules out the tonic being bad, I just have to think he either thought
his job here was done, or he was needed more elsewhere.

The thing that bothered me most was I was asleep only 6 hrs when I found
him in the sleep sac in the big cage with the family, but he left with his
eyes open.  For the 3 days I was up with him, as I stroked him he'd close
his eyes and sigh every few minutes. ..... I know, we just do the best we
can, and we all wish we could do more when that time comes.  As someone
said after Bunny left at about 9 yrs old, we can help them feel better,
and live longer, but no one has invented immortality.

Timmy was almost 6 yrs old when he left.  Sadi, at 7 yrs.  old, is doing
well, I think she's the ever ready ferret... She also the last of my "store
bought" kids.  Terry is a rescue that came from Calif., & maby 3 yrs.
old... Olivia is a turn in from Tempe, Az..  and about 2 yrs.  old, with
very formal white gloves on all 4 feet... And Tommy is less than a year
old, & was found at a self store place on the patio.  He was never claimed,
so since he helped Timmy be more active he's stayed.  (I didn't give him a
name until after the 2 week waiting period observed here.  He needs a red
cape as only he can scale the 2 foot high plastic door barrier in a single
leap.

I'm making good on my promise to Timmy that I'll keep the tonic available
as long as other kids benefit and want it..  I'm ordering 200 more to be
made, and am trying to always keep it on hand too..

hugs to all,

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or surgery. :)
 My ICQ# 4461104
Timmy's Mailing List = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/TimmyFerret
Timmy's Forum = http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=TimmyFerret