From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:33:04 -0600
Just a little story to cheer you all up.  Awhile back, I had just put Lucy &
Greta in their cage after playtime.  Lucy layed down on top of the hanging
sleep sack.  Greta likes to sleep inside of it.  Well, she tried to climb
inside while Lucy was on top.  (Lucy is a bit bigger than her).  Greta
struggled and struggled to get in the sack as Lucy was oblivious to the
upheaval below her while she slept.  Finally, Greta had enough of it all
and managed to get on her back, put all four feet up against the top of the
sack and (I could almost hear her counting to three!) pushed upward with
everything she had.  Lucy was catapulted thru the air, landing on the top
shelf of the cage, now fully awake and shaking her head in total confusion!
Greta curled up and went to sleep (with a bit of a grin on her face).  Lucy
pulled herself together and went to sleep in their other bed.  Needless to
say, I was trying to hold back uncontrollabe laughter this whole time!

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a kitty.  I would like to gets some
thoughts on this from those of you who have kitties.  I would rather get a
not-so kittenish cat so I could see what it's personality is before I get
it.  However, I'm thinking that a kitten would be more likely to bond with
the fuzzies.  Is there such thing as a mellow kitten?!  Ha!  Also, does it
matter if it is male or female (fixed of course)?

I also want to say how bad I feel for the recent loss of Da Dodge.  I
really enjoyed his stories.  There has been a lot of fuzzies going to the
Bridge lately, and I cry a little for each of them and the ones left
behind.  Thanks for your advice and all the support I get from you all.
I don't get much support from my family and friends when it comes to the
fuzzies.  They all think I'm a little nuts and should "get a life".  It's
nice to know that there are at least three thousand other people in this
world who are as crazy as I am!

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies;
Lucy (Mom, did you feel that earthquake?!  It knocked me right outta bed!)
Greta (Nobody gets in the way of my beauty sleep!)

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"