From:
Michael Runyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 16:04:08 -0500
Our club, Ferret Lovers' Club of Texas, has been contacted by Brandi
Gavere, a Researcher for the "Figure It Out" show on Nickelodeon Network.
She had stumbled across our annual show web site for the Ferret Olympics.
"Figure It Out" is conducting a contestant search for kids (ages 6 to 16)
who have a particular talent or interesting relationship to an animal.
This must included ferrets as she contacted our club.  They are looking
for kids who help raise, breed, protect, rescue, invent for, or perform
with animals.

"Figure It Out" is a game show similar to "What's My Line" airing weekdays
at 5:30 p.m.  A panel of Nickelodeon celebrities tries to "figure out" what
the contestant's special talent is.  The show is hosted by Olympic gold
medallist Summer Sanders.

Kids interested in being on the show must submit a three to five minute
video featuring them with their animal or animals and demonstration or
describing their talent.  Videos will not be returned.  Submissions can
be sent via Airborne Express at Nickelodeon's expense by calling
1-800-247-2676.  Their account number is 144332728.  The address to send
the tape to is:

        Nickelodeon "Figure It Out"
        ATTN: Heather Funston (BG), 31st Floor
        1515 Broadway
        New York, NY  10036
        Telephone (212) 846-6764

Episodes will be taped at the Nickelodeon studios in Orlando, Florida,
from July 17th through August 6th.  If chosen, a free trip to Orlando is
provided along with the chance to win some really cool prizes.

Brandi Gavere can be contacted at (407) 224-5795 for additional
information.

Good luck!
Michael Runyon, Treasurer
Ferret Lovers' Club of Texas