From:
Gary Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:06:35 -0400
I posted in the FERRET-L Digest - 21 Apr 1999 to 22 Apr 1999 (#1999-2655)
About the Ferret Clinic in Western North Carolina, and I gave a link to
the Page for information about the Clinic, and I am Sorry I made a mistake
on the Link.  Here is the Correct Link.

http://users.twave.net/ferrethut/information.html

Here is what we plan.  We are going to have a Ferret Clinic to be Held in
Granite Falls, NC.  The Clinic will give Rabies and Distemper Vaccines,
along with Glucose checks.  The cost for all 3 will be $15.00, or $5.00
each.  We will also want to mention to you about Heartworms in the Ferret.
Heartworm disease in the domestic ferret is a significantly
under-recognized problem.  Many veterinarians do not know enough about the
ferret to understand that ferrets are susceptible to D.  immitis.  We want
to suggest to you that you have your Ferret checked or have treatment done
to Prevent the Heartworm.  We will offer this service for the same price.
The Clinic will be sponsored By the WNCFA.  DR Rebecca Horton will be
giving the Vaccines.  Judy and I along with DR Horton will also have
answers to any questions you may have about your Ferret(s).

We will also have on hand Totally Ferret if you wish to purchase any at
this time.  Judy will have information on Lava Beds.  They are good to have
for adrenaled ferrets, or Post Op Ferret(s), as they can be heated in a
microwave and Placed in the cage with the Ferret to lay on.

We are also going to Have Monthly Ferret Education days in Granite Falls.
If you would Like to help us, you may contact us here at the Shelter.
Please Contact us by Phone or email for all the information, i will post
the date, time and place and directions on our web site at
http://users.twave.net/ferrethut/information.html .

Thanks,
Gary & Judy Skinner
Western North Carolina Ferret Association
3219 Oran Yount LN
Granite Falls, NC 28630
828-396-8117 (home)
828-499-1335 (cell)
828-728-6100 (Work/Caldwell Animal Hospital)
http://users.twave.net/ferrethut/default.html