From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:40:50 GMT
Debbie wrote :
If a shelter has too many ferret's then why can't a few be in foster care
temporarily where it can get better person to ferret care?  This would help
the shelter from having to feed/water/clean, etc.  I'm sure there are
ferret owner's with ferret experience and also are ECE free to take care
of some of the ferret's.  If a person wanted a certain age/color then the
shelter owner and person could come to the foster home to see the
ferret(s).  If a shelter has tons of ferret's I don't believe each one can
get the attention it needs.  I'm assuming shelter's are around to save the
ferret and find them a good home.  So what do other's think of my idea

IN my opinion, i would think that it would be as hard to find foster homes
for ferrets, as it would for home-homes.  If the shelter was able to adopt
out the ferrets, then they would, but there isn`t any people willing to do
that, that are qualified.  Some can, yes, and it is a good option, but it
probably wouldn`t work but so well.  Most shelters have too many ferrets
and not enough people willing to adopt them, which also crosses out the
chance of fostering.  Some people who adopt a ferret might be interested,
but some won`t.  People would see this as adopting ferret, just not
permanintly (mind my spelling, thanks!) Shelters can always try, like some
i know are, and it is an available option that could help emensly, also
once people get to fostering the little ferts, they might just love them
enough to adopt them.  There is always the idea of sponsoring a ferret,
where people donate money (and such) to help the ferret get on it`s way.
There are so many ideas out there, so many things to try, some many that
will work, so many that won`t.  Trial and Error is the only one to find
out.  Bye for now!

When i die and go to heavan, i want to come back as a ferret,

[BH]