From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:32:55 -0400
Hi,
For those of you who missed my first post last week, I have begun a project
to collect all of the poems, songs, and stories that have been submitted
to the FML.  The pieces for which I am able to get permission, will be
included in an electronically distributable compilation that will be used
to raise money for ferret shelters in a manner similar to shareware
software.

The Ferret Poem Book is going great.  Since last Monday, I have searched
through the archives as far back as they go and pulled out hundreds of
poems, song, and stories.  I've sent e-mail to about 120 FML writers asking
for permission.  So far, over 50 people have got back to me and allowed me
to include their poems in the Ferret Poem Book which has grown to 50
formatted pages.  I spent much of this weekend working on layout.

During this week, hopefully I will get many more responses, which I will
continue to add to the document.  I am planning on having a first cut
finished by next Monday (April 26).  At which point I will ask a few
volunteers to proof read it.  My goal is to have the first edition posted
on the web on Monday, May 3rd.

I'd like to thank everyone who responded already.  Even more imporantly,
please, if any of you have an e-mail from myself asking for permission,
please respond soon.  Or if you have any poems or song that you would like
to submit, please let me know.

Poems submitted are still the property of the original author, and I have
written text in the book to make that clear.  I have included a copyright
mark with each piece.

Thank you,
Bryan P. Coffey
[log in to unmask]               http://www.gis.net/~bpcoffey