From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:12:38 -0600
All hail Chef Bob, whose magnificent concoction nourishes fragile
mustelidae.

Well, seriously, we've got a ferret that could have early insulinoma (one
of those situations where the tests just aren't conclusive).  This boy also
refused to eat Totally Ferret or any other high quality kibble, preferring
cheap cat chow.  He had been losing weight and sleeping more, along with
other worrisome symptoms.  About ten days ago, I made the chicken gravy
(burning out the blender in the process) and put the ferret on this diet.
He's gaining weight and is playing a lot more now.  In fact, he has been
whupping up on our teenage brat furkid who used to whup on him.  Hooray!

I'm sold!  I do indeed recommend the chicken gravy diet for sick ferrets.
All of mine think it's nifty, and I'm delighted to see this weight gain.

Dunno if it'll help, but I'm hoping that lowering this ferret's
carbohydrate intake and boosting the protein and fat in his diet will help
slow down pancreatic disease...worth the attempt, at least.

Jacqueline